Monday, July 23, 2007

Another new week.

We started our day in the Barrington headwaters. A great day for me. My engine runs better when it has an outdoor warm up period. Our vernal pools had water, something we didn't expect after a sunny weekend. All in all it was a good day. Our group works well together. While we have quite a bit on our plate, I am pleased with our orginization and our progress.

I have really been appreciating our time outside. Moving and working outside of a classroom is definitely the best avenue to stimulate my mind. Last night I spent several hours trying to compose my Personal Environmental Education Philosophy and my brain stalled. I could not articulate my thoughts, and had a really hard time pulling more from my brain besides what I have already put on the outline. I was frustrated to no end. Ultimately it became about the deadline and I am very displeased with what I wrote.

Tonight I will try again.

1 comment:

mossy green said...

I'm sorry to hear your pedagogy was difficult. I too had some trouble but more on the side of "I hope this is what I was surpose to write!!" Don't feel like we should know it all yet. It will come... I'm a teacher and believe me, I had trouble with my "altimate WHY" statement. So don't think those in the profession know what they believe either.
I'm going to comment on a past blog too. I want to read about your project. :)